1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lemon (juiced)
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups blackberries
4 cups dates (large whole fresh; if not fresh, then soak for half an hour)
2 cups walnuts (dry)
1 cup walnuts (soaked)
1. In the food processor, process 2 cups of dried walnuts and salt until fine. Then add the olive oil and 1 cup of dates and continuing processing until it makes a doughy ball.
2. Press into a cake tin with a removable base (if possible).
3. In the blender, add 1 cup of soaked walnuts, 3/4 cup dates, lemon juice and water. Blend until it makes a thick cream. If too runny, then add more dates and walnuts. (It should be like whipped cream--thick and heavy.)
4. Pour on top of the base. Freeze for a couple of hours.
5. To make a jam, blend the blackberries with 1 cup of dates. When you are ready to serve the cake, remove from freezer and pour jam on top.
Zoe's ThoughtsBy Zoe
A delicious ice cream cake that tastes like cookies and cream and cheesecake, all at the same time.
Adapted from a recipe by Sergi and Valya Boutenko.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note