Rating4.2/5 (from 5 ratings)4.2
YieldMakes 6 sushi rolls
½ cup raw cashews
1 cup raw hemp seeds
½ cup raw tahini
1 tablespoon raw white miso
1 tablespoon Bragg's or nama shoyu (optional)
¼ cup green onion (optional)
¼ cup black and white sesame seeds
1 carrot (julienned)
1 avocado (sliced)
½ cup marinated mushrooms
½ cup cucumbers (julienned)
1 cup spinach (chopped)
6 raw nori sheets
Bamboo sushi roller
Plastic wrap (optional)
Nama shoyu or Bragg's for dipping (optional)
1. First process the cashews into a powdery consistency, then add the other ingredients except sesame seeds and pulse to combine. You should have a thick, sticky consistency. If you prefer a lower fat version, you may also add zucchini or cauliflower to the rice, but I prefer it without.
2. Hand mix in sesame seeds. You are now ready to roll sushi. My fillings are just suggestions, so feel free to fill your sushi with whatever suits you.
3. Place a nori on a bamboo sushi roller. (It is possible to roll sushi without one of these, but they come out ugly, and the things only cost $2 anyway.)
4. Spread your filling as thin as you can on the bottom half of the nori. Line your fillings in the center.
5. Then roll the nori over the fillings, tucking the edge under carefully, and roll the mat around your roll. Moisten the edge with a bit of water to seal, and let it sit in your sushi roller for a moment to set.
6. To roll inside out sushi, wrap your bamboo roller in plastic wrap. Cover the top two thirds of your nori in your “rice,” and set the rice side down on the mat.
7. Place your fillings on the plain nori and roll up using the mat. You may want to roll the whole thing in more sesame seeds to keep it from being to sticky to pick up.
Mandelicious's ThoughtsBy mandelicious
The rice comes out so satisfying and starch-like.
This really works for me if I’m craving sushi stuff!
Obviously, if there’s an ingredient here you don’t like, substitute it or leave it out.
I like to arrange my fillings so a bit sticks out of the ends and make the first cut horizontal, the next diagonal, then horizontal, then diagonal, so the rolls are either at an angle or have fillings sticking out, for dramatic presentation.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Feeding baby...simonaw - 1 hour 4 min ago
Help regarding endometriosis painClaireT - 1 day 20 hours ago
Why am I suddenly getting headaches?ClaireT - 6 days 6 hours ago
Im having some problems...how do I do this?itsmetoya - 1 week 2 days ago
What You Ate Todayitsmetoya - 1 week 2 days ago