Rating5/5 (from 4 ratings)5
1 cup raw cashews, sunflower seeds, or almonds
1/2 large red bell pepper
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon tahini
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons onion powder (or a small slice of onion or 1 tablespoon green onion)
1 butternut squash (spiralized and cut into 1 to 2 inch lengths)
Little drizzle of olive oil (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Spiralize your squash so that it resembles those 1-2 inch small diameter pasta tubes. You could also grate it, if making it by hand.
2. Drizzle a little olive oil on it and toss.
3. Make the cheddar sauce. I make it slightly thicker, either by using less water, more yeast, or a combination.
4. Drench the squash in the cheddar sauce. Use as much of the batch as necessary. You may or may not use it all.
4. Mix. Add freshly ground pepper to taste.
Daniefon's ThoughtsBy daniefon
It’s kind of funny. I wasn’t a junk food eater before I went raw, but seem to like these raw imitations!
This one has that nice sticky mac and cheese feel; however, the squash gives it a little crunch. I guess you could wilt it a bit in the dehydrator to get a softer texture.
This is pretty rich, so I eat it as a side dish.
The cheeze sauce is not my recipe. It is from this site, and it’s great!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Staying raw during quarantineClaireT - 8 hours 54 min ago
Alkaline water - healthy or not?katherinep - 1 day 22 hours ago
Body craving warm foods to stay warmkatherinep - 1 day 22 hours ago
I have been buying organic oats from a prominent supplier. They will not sprout.ClaireT - 1 week 1 day ago
Should I sprout all my seeds and nuts?ClaireT - 1 week 1 day ago