Rating4/5 (from 1 ratings)4
YieldMakes 12 large mushroom caps - about 4 serves for an entree
1 cup buckwheat (sprouted)
1 cup sunflower seeds (sprouted)
¼ cup dulse flakes
2 celery stalks
½ onion (diced)
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning blend
½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup fresh parsley (chopped fine)
1 tablespoon cashew butter
12 large mushroom caps
½ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons dark miso
1 tablespoons nama shoyu
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. clean mushroom caps, stems removed, and toss with 1/2 of the olive oil, shoyu and lemon juice. Allow to marinate for a couple of hours—overnight is even better.
2. Combine in food processor or blender: sprouted buckwheat, cashew butter, miso, garlic, the other 1/2 of the olive oil, sage, pepper & poultry seasoning. Blend until it makes a thick paste. Add a tiny bit of water if you need to in order to make it smooth.
3. Add remaining ingredients to the buckwheat and pulse until all ingredients are well incorporated and finely chopped, but still with some texture.
4. Fill each mushroom cap with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of stuffing, or until nicely mounded.
5. Dehydrate at 105 for 2-3 hours & serve.
If you like these a bit softer, cover them after they’ve come out of the dehydrator and allow to sit for 1/2 hour so that the moisture still inside the mixture can come out. Makes them succulently juicy! Then, just reheat in a toaster oven or oven set to the low “keep warm” setting just until warm.
Crystalline's ThoughtsBy Crystalline
My favorite comfort food- warm, savory and delicious!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Water Fasting - Anyone done that before?agnesc - 1 day 21 min ago
Go Macrobar legit?petitechia - 1 day 16 hours ago
Disturbing Craving...ClaireT - 4 days 8 hours ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?yonil - 1 week 14 hours ago
Is bagged salads raw vegan?TammiTrue - 1 week 15 hours ago