Rawtarian's silky green smoothie recipe
Shelf LifeConsume immediately
Rating4.8/5 (from 10 ratings)4.8
Yield1 large smoothie
- 2 bananas (peeled)
- 2 medium oranges (peeled - use a knife, cut generously around the edges to remove a lot of the white rind as well as the skin)
- 1 apple (chopped)
- 1 cup spinach (or more)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1. Add all ingredients to blender. Place soft ingredients like bananas in first, because that's what I was taught!
- 2. Blend in your high-speed blender until nicely smooth.
- 3. Your green smoothie is ready! Pour green smoothie into cup(s) or a large mason jar for on-the-go goodness.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
I have been a raw vegan for over two four years. And for breakfast almost every single day I have a green smoothie. And I am still not sick of them yet, if you can believe that! I can make them super quickly, and I always keep the main ingredients on hand.
If you have any trust in me believe me when I tell you that in order to make a tasty green smoothie you absolutely must have a high-speed blender like a Vitamix or a Blendtec. Otherwise it'll be chunky and grainy and downright disgusting and you'll have to pinch your nose to get it down. When it comes to green smoothies texture is everything and high-speed blenders are going to take a slightly disgusting chunky mixture and turn it into a silky smoothie like the one in this photo that actually tastes delicious--like a treat. Texture is everything when it comes to this green smoothie recipe.
This may not be the most exciting green smoothie recipe in the world, but it's what I have for breakfast almost every morning so I figured that you'd like to know what I have for breaky! What I like about it as well is that it's not too expensive, since bananas are inexpensive here in Canada.
To clean your blender: Add 1-2 cups of water into your blender immediately and blend again to aid in cleaning process. Take carafe to sink and finish rinsing/cleaning blender right away. I am not a good housekeeper but the one rule in my house is to NEVER let the Vitamix carafe sit uncleaned. NEVER! Why? Because then if I'm lazy later on and it's not clean then I won't use it, then I won't know what to make, and I'll just eat nuts for dinner because I'm too lazy to clean the blender. NEVER store recipes in your blender for this reason. :)
This recipe makes quite a large green smoothie, it's a perfect breakfast for 1 person. This is my go-to breakfast.
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Fat, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is an excellent source of Vitamin C.
- This recipe is a good source of Vitamin B6, and Vitamin K.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Dietary Fiber, and Riboflavin.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
My Recipe Notes
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Related To This Recipe
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes